What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
The HR Leader role is a direct business partner to the business president with mulit-site responsibility and will advise, develop, and implement plans/actions in the areas of strategy, business improvement, change management and team effectiveness for the Diamond Drives and Timken Belts businesses. This position will also be responsible for managing HR strategies and organizational development work to achieve business objectives. This includes activities such as contract negotiations/union avoidance, right-sizing, due diligence, organizational development, and integrations.
The HR Leader will partner with managers across both businesses globally to ensure they are ethically, morally, and legally making the right choices based upon our company's value system. Additionally, this position is the employee resource advocate, driving talent acquisition, development, and retention as well as fair and consistent treatment.
- Leading the development and implementation of the HR strategy ensuring it is translated into practical and prioritized HR tactics.
- Providing on-going advice and support to business president and business partners on all aspects of HR, ensuring that HR solutions are provided in the most appropriate and cost-effective way.
- Coaching/mentoring managers/plant leadership on effective leadership, communication, and employee engagement.
- Leading the talent management process, ensuring the development of talent and addressing performance issues. Assisting managers/plant leadership with succession planning for key positions.
- Identifying talent needs and development gaps to provide effective training and development programs for employees. Working with functional managers to review and build management capability, ensuring development needs are captured and acted upon in order to produce high performing teams.
- Leading talent acquisition and staffing activities for all vacancies, right-sizing, and leadership development to meet recruiting goals.
- Championing company compensation and benefits strategies while advising the corporate function on local practices and changes in labor market in order to attract and retain top tier talent.
- Developing and managing employee and labor relations strategies to support business objectives while ensuring full compliance to local regulations/internal Timken policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or other related field with 12+ years of experience
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, or other related field with 10+ years of experience
TECHNICAL/FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Familiar with local compliance laws and practices
- Experience with employee and labor relations
- Coaching and conflict management skills
- Team oriented
- Problem solving mindset
- Demonstrated leadership and change management
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Manufacturing experience
- Ability to travel to other plants every other month and as needed based on business need
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.