We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Position Summary: The OE Sales Manager, reporting directly to the General Manager of Sales, will be a key member of the Company's sales organization. Focused on orienting, assigning, coaching, counseling, disciplining the sales team reports in assigned district for specific customer accounts by communicating job expectations, account planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions, planning and reviewing compensation actions, enforcing policies and procedures.
Position requires a highly resourceful professional that can identify and anticipate the business needs of customers and effectively articulate the Company's ability to address those needs.
Essential Job Duties:
- Have the ability to manage a book of business and manage a sales team.
- Develop and execute sales plans that align with both Belts and Drives sales growth and profitability expectations.
- Indirectly manage and engage classic Timken sales team to include sales tactics development and execution.
- Achieves sales objectives by preparing regional sales objectives by forecasting requirements and planned annual sale budgets, forecasting district expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains and expands customer base through counseling SDMs by building and maintaining rapport and sales growth with key customers and identifying new customer opportunities.
- Active monitoring of territory sales representative's Customer Account Management (CRM) reporting by consistent monitoring of daily pipeline updates for territory representative's activities, opportunities, sales calls, quotes, orders and daily sales results.
- Performs ongoing performance management appraisal process of all sellers in the district.
- Demonstrates effective and organized sales management skills in support of territory sales and rep team for sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- Develop effective travel plan throughout the defined geographic district to support SDMs:
- Participates in monthly, quarterly, and annual district performance review with GM Sales.
- Monitoring monthly representative expense reports for accuracy.
- Prepare and determine sales opportunities, with each territory sales representative's account base to include:
- Geographic priority areas based on sales potential
- Existing product application know-how
- Cross-selling opportunities of multiple product lines
- Strong leadership and people management skills with 5-7 years' experience.
- Advanced understanding of economic factors, marketing and business concepts.
- Advanced product knowledge of chain and belt products and applications.
- Strong salesmanship and negotiation skills.
- Professional image with ability to develop strong network.
- Ability to recognize and process through the positions of company executives to reach consensus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required in Marketing, Business, or Engineering
- 10-15 years of experience in sales, business, product, Engineering Management.
- Master's Degree preferred along with 10 years of experience in sales, business, product, Engineering Management.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.