Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The utility forklift drives performs a variety of repetitive duties primarily associated with the storing and moving of large materials and assemblies to and from machines in assembly departments. The forklift driver works from load lists, shop orders, and verbal instructions. They will also operate a computer to receive new product, input finished good tickets, put product into warehouse locations, and write up picks.
Essential Job Duties:
- Load and unload material from the warehouse and staging to machine location using forklift or dollies.
- Build pallets with ability to build special crates per verbal or written instructions.
- Inventory all items received by count or number and store in specified areas.
- Maintain accuracy of load list with material to proper machines and staging area.
- Following inventory, issue tag and deliver materials or parts to various plant locations or machining operations as directed. Pack, stack, and band for shipment; lift, move and store material from finished operation.
- Perform preventive maintenance on forklift such as checking tires, oil, battery, water, and gas.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual conditions to supervisor.
- Maintain tools and equipment in proper manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
- Must become licensed to operate a forklift truck.
- Must be able to operate specific equipment. Must assist in other areas of the department when forklift operations are caught up.
- Housekeeping responsibilities: Clean up oil spills, assist operators by replacing oil and water barrels, and maintain materials in a neat and orderly manner.
- Perform required housekeeping including consistently keeping outside yard clean with clear fire lanes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid forklift license required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 55 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 55 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.