Responsible for ensuring the timely, proper, and accurate preparation of financial statements for the purpose of measuring and auditing the financial performance of the company.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger.
- Investigates unusual balances and variances and corrects discrepancies.
- Oversees accounts receivable aging process.
- Supervises and reviews the work of subordinates.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating, and process improvement; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth.
- Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations, and monitors delegated activities.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.