- Ability to understand written material.
- Basic math skills.
Works in one to two departments within a distribution center performing various warehousing tasks, including unloading, picking, packing, counting, and/or checking inventory.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Loads and unloads materials to and from designated storage areas, such as racks, shelves, or vehicles.
- Fills customer orders using a pick list and prepares orders for shipment according to company standards.
- Obtains merchandise from shelves or bins and verifies product and quantity accuracy.
- Inspects products for damages and reports issues to management.
- Returns misplaced products to proper storage areas.
- Maintains a clean working environment in accordance with company safety policies.
- Performs other warehousing duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.