- Bachelor's degree in business administration or a related field.
- 7+ years of Environmental, Social, and Governance experience.
Leads a team responsible for the organizational sustainability programs related to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) goals to ensure that business practices, products, and services are environmentally friendly and compliant with government rules and regulations.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Manages the development and implementation of organizational strategies for business sustainability objectives within environmental, social, and governance and enhances value creation through execution.
Leads a team of business analysts, sets and monitors organizational goals, and manages individual performance while promoting the organization's sustainability philosophy to internal and external audiences.
Aligns sustainability efforts with internal and external stakeholder feedback to ESG framework.
Identifies and develops specific sustainability initiatives in collaboration with functional teams.
Influences and supports internal and external work groups by providing recommendations in ESG areas supporting cross functional alignment.
Develops and manages ESG communications strategy in collaboration with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
Communicates with suppliers and customers regarding program and product-based questions, opportunities, and partnerships in collaboration with sales and merchandising.
Develops, collaborates, and manages sustainability data and reports sustainability KPIs and analytics.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in the same position or standing/walking and/or there is some requirement to lift or handle material or equipment of moderate weight (8-20 pounds).
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.