Call 866-322-6107 with any questions.
This position will be responsible for daily general maintenance upkeep such as the building's mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. As well as to perform system checks to keep the ammonia refrigeration equipment in good repair and temperatures at their ideal settings.
Looking to join a team with COMPETITIVE WAGE and BENEFITS?
Apply now at GFS!
- Hourly wage is $35.47 per hour
HOURS OF WORK
- 40 hours/week plus opportunity for Overtime
- Schedule 1: Four (4) 10-hour days (Sunday - Wednesday; 10pm to 8am) with 3 days off per week
- Schedule 2: Four (4) 10-hour days (Wednesday - Saturday; 10pm to 8am) with 3 days off per week
- Medical, Prescription Drug and Dental after 30 days of employment
- FULL Flex Benefits Program with Health Care Spending and Wellness Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Steel Toe Boot reimbursement
- Paid time-off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP Matching
THERE'S MORE TO BEING PART OF THE GFS FAMILY!!!
- Opportunities for additional mechanical training
- Exclusive offers to employees on GFS Products
- Discounts from Selected Vendors
- Company Events throughout the year!
- Family culture
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- 125+ years of Family Owned Company History
- Performing scheduled/unscheduled testing and maintenance on batteries
- Conducting general preventative maintenance of facility systems, refrigeration equipment, material handling equipment, racking, dock equipment, building automation systems, plumbing systems, and painting
- Monitoring temperature readings on refrigeration equipment, defrost setups, alarm monitoring, maintaining documentation and operations of the ammonia plant facility
- Entering data into work order systems (Maximo) in a timely manner
- Maintaining a safe facility in meeting all Provincial and local guidelines
- Assisting to ensure occupational health and safety and regulatory compliance and working with contractors as required
- Other duties as assigned
- At least a Refrigeration Operator Endorsement is required
- Experience in diagnosing and repairing technical and facility equipment
- Experience in operating hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner
- Ability to lift, move and carry heavy objects
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- A strong mechanical aptitude with proven troubleshooting abilities
- Proficient computer skills and good problem solving skills
- A team player with good communication skills and the ability to supervise contractor
- A strong background in facility preventative maintenance would be an asset
- Other professional certificates and schooling would be an asset (Electrical, Millwork or
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical, racking, carpentry, welding and hydraulics is an asset
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for the next stage will be contacted. Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to any enumerated or analogous grounds of discrimination, including race, religious beliefs, colour, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical disability, mental disability, age, ancestry, place of origin, marital status, source of income, family status, sexual orientation or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request to email@example.com and use the words "Accommodation Request" in your subject line.
Please click Apply Below and Complete the Application that follows for consideration.
The application will take no more than 10 minutes and can be completed on any smart device.
You are still welcome to call us at 866-322-6107 as well.