|Marine Program Manager
King Of Prussia, PA
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||05/15/19||Company:||The Timken Company|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Marine Program Manager position responsible for commercial and technical development of the marine business.
Individual will report into the General Manager - Marine Programs and will be capable of fulfilling the following requirements:
- Help develop cost analysis and take the lead in generating proposals for specific programs and projects.
- Keep current on upcoming programs, projects and funding. Keep TPS management aware of future and strategic needs of the military and commercial marine market that will position TPS for future business.
- Act as customer contact to the Navy and shipyards for various Marine Programs.
- Lead all phases of Marine Programs including negotiations and developing strong customer relationships.
- Coordinate with PG operating units for execution including in support of supply chain, engineering and manufacturing as required.
- Attend meetings, seminars and trade shows to promote TPS capabilities.
- Participate in Industry Standard Organizations such as ASNE, SNA and Navy League.
- Support marketing for all marine products.
- Understand marine applications and how PG products and services can be utilized.
- Have an expert level of understanding gear design and the manufacturing process including testing and operational requirements of gear machinery.
- Market knowledge for military and commercial marine products and services including Navy, shipyards, integrators and products.
- Understand EPICOR business system to access pertinent data for proposals, schedules and order management.
- Able to read and analyze complex drawings and specifications.
- In depth understanding of military standards as well as the FARS and DFARS, ABS, DNV and Lloyds.
- Proficient in MS office including word, excel and power point.
Key attributes needed include:
- Must understand both commercial and technical requirements for marine applications including standards for design and the manufacturing.
- Must have large scale P&L experience.
- Must have senior manager expertise in coordinating professionals across a diverse team of functional disciplines inside and outside the organization.
- Must have the mental agility and experience to manage competing projects.
- Must have excellent communication skills and global cultural awareness.
- Must have knowledge for past, present and future military and commercial marine markets and applications.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize is required.
- Applicant must have 15+ years of experience in the areas of engineering, technical, business or manufacturing and a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.