Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager is directly responsible for improving global efficiency (GE) through managing the preventative/predictive maintenance programs as well as coaching and developing maintenance team members. He/she works in conjunction with the engineering department in authorizing capital appropriation requests as necessary to provide a continuous improvement effort in maintaining and improving production equipment through reverse engineering and reliability upgrades. Other duties of the Maintenance Manager include proactive optimization of cost effective maintenance & reliability (M&R) in support of lean manufacturing principles and business deliverables, as well as providing technical training opportunities for all associates in order to increase skill and knowledge bases.
The maintenance manager plays a leadership role in the management of overall facility maintenance & infrastructure to ensure the most effective use of resources and funding balanced for both short and long-range plans. This includes coordination of equipment and building facility maintenance activities at the plant, and capital projects with support of engineering to maximize equipment reliability, efficiency and cost. As part of this role, there is also support of purchasing, expediting and installing equipment with or without outside contractors.
Additionally this role also has shared responsibility for the implementation of the PM (Predictive/Preventative Maintenance) pillar at a plant level as she/he is part of the Integrated Lean/6S Management Team. As such, they will be responsible for supporting the site CBN (Compelling Business Need) as well as supporting global master plan priorities and work towards our zero loss journey. Clearly defining the losses related to the PM and developing the road map towards eradicating losses to zero.
- Creates, aggressively implements & maintains the plant maintenance and continuous improvement plan aligned with plant / BU priorities
- Proactively evaluates & leads refinement of overall equipment reliability plans, strategies, equipment performance & root cause analysis effectivenes
- Perform regular PM Assessments and coach visits at site level and establish action plan in collaboration with site Asset Reliability Manager
- Ensure all employees under his/her direction clearly understand all s7afety rules and regulations, appropriate training has been received and work performance is in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Champion GE improvement initiatives, as well as selection, implementation and monitoring of equipment reliability improvement plans.
Functional Technical Competencies Gained in Role:
- Strategic Agility
- Managing Vision & Purpose
Lominger Competencies Gained in Role
- Motivating others
- Drive for Results
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- 4 year bachelor's degree in business, engineering or other related fields of study
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of plant level operations and maintenance supervision experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in direct supervision of engineering/maintenance/production staff in a manufacturing environment.
- Maintenance/reliability manager experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong Interpersonal, problem solving, relationship building and decision making skills
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing/six sigma methods and processes
- Advanced understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance processes
- Demonstrated hands on leadership and coaching abilities - empowering, developing & motivating people
- Experience in developing and delivering against a departmental level budget
- Working knowledge of MRO inventory management and procurement processes
- Computer skills including: MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; SAP
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.