Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
Customer Service & Logistics
Customer Service & Logistics (CS&L) is where you'll integrate our end-to-end demand-driven supply chain. Working "from farm to shelf," you'll connect plants with customers to deliver best-in-class service in the most efficient way. Your goal will be to have the right products, at the right time, and with the right quantity and quality on the shelf.
Broad Function And Scope Of The Position
- Lead a forecasting team responsible for the development of an unbiased and unconstrained forecast over a 24-month horizon with properly documented assumptions.
- Partner with Category finance to support appropriate linkage between the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) forecast and financial forecasts (key assumptions, risks, opportunities).
- Partner with Commercial leadership to quantify & validate risks and opportunities, and support the development of plans to close gaps between the forecast and target.
- Partner with Innovation & Equity to validate the sizing of innovations, renovations, and campaigns as they enter into the 24-month forecast horizon.
- Partner with Supply Planning to ensure that there is confidence in the demand plan, and that key forecast decisions are being made with the appropriate amount of lead time to ensure successful execution and delivery of the plan.
- Drive continuous capability building within the Demand Planning team as part of a talent development program to develop future leaders of the business.
- Set and track performance targets for the team across key KPIs including Forecast Error, Bias, and Forecast Value Add
- Present the latest brand/segment forecast and associated assumptions in the Demand Review step of the IBP process, including a summary of actual vs. forecast performance and root cause and corrective action on forecast error and forecast value add (FVA)
Team leadership & talent development
- Lead a team of demand planners, ensuring that workload is balanced and team members have appropriate brand / segment responsibility
- Coach and develop team capabilities in analysis, forecasting, planning, and influencing.
- Optimize ways of working and supporting tools/processes within the team, and with the broader business, to ensure that the efforts of the team keep up with the changing needs of the business.
- Work hand-in-hand with cross-functional leadership to ensure that the deliverables of the team and supporting processes are aligned to the current business priorities.
- Provide business recommendations and collaborate on gap closing opportunities, influencing leadership as needed in order to pursue sufficient gap closing activity.
- Provide input into the long-range / strategic planning process to steer product portfolio decisions in response to category trends and incorporating learning from past launches into future plans.
- Present the forecast and associated assumptions to business leadership and key stakeholders
- Remain an unbiased voice in the face of business pressures
- Resolve disagreements over planning assumptions and drive for consensus
- Identify risks and opportunities to the forecast, and steer the business towards gap closure
- Brand Director: Monthly alignment on key planning assumptions, gap to target, and areas for gap closure. Ad-hoc connections as required through the month to reconcile assumptions and share insights.
- Finance Director: Regular alignment on key planning assumptions in IBP LE and Financial Forecasts. Support necessary deliverables for financial forecasting activities.
- Brand Managers: Regular collaboration on planning assumptions, risks & opportunities, and development of scenarios.
- Supply Planning Lead: Monthly connection to share forecast assumptions, level of uncertainty, and understand key decision points for risks/opps.
Bachelor's Degree (4 Yr)
- General Work Experience (Min 10 years)
- Planning Experience (Sales, Demand, Supply) (Min 10 years) preferred
- Project Management (Min 5 years)
- Team leadership, development, and capability building
- Strong presentation, communications, influencing skills and motivational skills. Interpersonal savvy
- Command Skills, Presence
- Being able to Tell it Like it Is
- Strategic agility, business acumen, process management.
- Comfort around higher management
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.