United States - PA - Pleasant Gap
Employer- Graymont (PA) Inc.
Title of Internship
Process Engineering Intern
375 Graymont Rd.
Bellefonte, PA 16823
This is a full-time position with opportunities for overtime and possible weekend work.
$20.00 per hour
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Our products are essential in addressing today's most pressing environmental issues while supporting vital industrial processes and agricultural needs. Uses for our products include the purification of air and water, and the production of items essential to a modern economy such as steel, paper, and metals. Founded in 1948 and headquartered in Richmond, British Columbia, we are a network of over 30 locations spanning the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines, and Malaysia. We are also the strategic partner of Mexican-based Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Latin America.
Graymont's Lime operations are focused on the production of high calcium and dolomitic lime and value-added lime-based products such as hydrated lime as well as pulverized limestone and construction stone. Simply put, we make products that improve our world! Our lime and limestone help clean the air and water and play a key role in the manufacturing and distribution of products we all use every day. What we do matters. And what each of our employees do every day matters too.
We are poised to make significant investments in new technologies across all our plants to meet the needs of our customers, ensure continued environmental and regulatory compliance and remain a leader in the lime and limestone industry. This will require exceptional engineering talent both now and in the future. As a paid engineering intern, you'll work alongside experienced engineers, production leaders and operators, geologists, and quality specialists, where you'll take a hands-on role in contributing to operational changes at the plant you're assigned. You won't be scanning documents into electronic files; you'll be applying your education as a member of a project team.
Your internship will start with a detailed orientation to Graymont and the lime industry. From there you'll be assigned to a Sr. Process Engineer or Process Engineer and will spend the remainder of your 3-month internship on-site at our Pleasant Gap, PA operations. Housing and transportation to and from fieldwork is at company expense. Throughout the internship you'll receive regular feedback, and at the end you'll have the opportunity to make a formal presentation to members of senior management.
Apply today if you're looking for an internship that is both rewarding and challenging, and which gives you a chance to apply your education in a hands-on environment.
- Perform research and analysis specific to assigned kiln feed, calcining, and lime handling processes
- Learn appropriate systems and processes in a timely fashion
- Provide engineering support commensurate with experience
- Fulfill all duties in compliance with Graymont's safety standards
- Attend and actively participate in team, plant, and project meetings
- As the ideal candidate for our internship you will:
- Be pursuing a Bachelor of Science with a major in mechanical, chemical, electrical, environmental, mining or process engineering
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be entering your junior or senior year, but will consider other class levels
- Have an interest in manufacturing, material science, process control, instrumentation, automation, chemical processes, combustion or emissions control
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and communication/presentation skills, and keen attention to detail
- Possess strong skills in Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Show the capacity to establish connections with others quickly
- Work well in a team environment
- Have strong organizational skills
- Be self-directed with the ability to make decisions and act