Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The purpose of this position is to perform functions necessary to maintain and improve the plant's Quality Management System in accordance with customer and corporate requirements.
This position will be responsible for using Lean, Six Sigma, or other problem solving tools in order to support or perform deliverables such as:
- Develop internal audit schedules. Facilitate or perform assigned internal audits. Summarize findings and document in the GQTS system
- Become certified, maintain, and act as the delegated source quality representative (DSQR) for the customer and approve TA product for shipment on behalf of the customer
- Prepare and facilitate regulatory, customer, and 3rd party audits of the QMS. Develop RCCA and respond to corrective actions identified during the external audit
- Develop, write, and train operative associates on to perform inspection procedures (IP), standard operating procedures (SOP), and standard work instructions (SWI)
- Perform bearing failure analysis evaluations and document findings in a formal report
- Become proficient at and effectively train all associates within the facility on quality procedures, quality tools and various elements of the quality system
- Perform MSA and Gage R&R studies
- Perform PFMEA required
- Evaluate requests for frozen process changes and determine required MOC activities
- Work with others within your team to provide Quality departmental support to all of plant operation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work with all levels of an organization.
- SAP experience and PC Skills
- A US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Self-starter with good organization, strong leadership, and project management skills.
- Technical aptitude and problem solving skills and the ability to train others
- Familiar with the requirements of AS9100 and NADCAP for Heat Treat and NDT
- Inspection/Auditing experience working with Customers and 3rd party agencies.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.