Controller - Couplings Business
This position is a key member of the leadership team providing financial analyses and recommendations to assist in achieving strategic and financial objectives for all of Timken's Coupling Businesses. In addition, this position has oversight of the strategic direction of Lovejoy's Information Technology and responsibility for execution of our Information Systems initiatives. Provides financial input for projects including budgeting and capital expenditures and provides monthly financial performance reporting for upper management including the Lovejoy President. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining the forecast and budgets for the business. This position has responsibility for governance and SOX compliance reporting, oversight of site risk management and all matters of commercial insurance, banking, and month end financial reporting including financial metrics such as working capital ratios, inventory days, AR days, AP days, and cash conversion days.
- Responsible for adherence to financial policy and controls across the business. Lead for any internal or external financial, accounting or governance audits. Lead the monthly financial processes for financial closing, unabsorbed reconciliation, inventory reconciliation, general ledger entries (as required), standard cost reconciliation and changes in PP&E and forecast adjustments to business plan and monthly reporting. This position is responsible for driving our working capital to meet business objectives.
- Ensure all accounting activities comply with GAAP, Timken policies, and sound business practice. Sarbanes-Oxley business process owner for the facility and will coordinate and drive the annual SOX process for the entity.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all accounting operational functions. Coordinate internal financial statements. Coordinate activities of external auditors. Ensure timely, accurate, and reliable consolidation of monthly financial reporting. Directly support key strategic rationalization, growth, acquisition, and divestiture projects.
- Provide proactive analysis and reporting of key metrics, making recommendations on corrective actions and enforcing budget accountability. Provide legal oversight of the Business, including manage all contracts, with support of Timken legal, including any patent or other legal documentation.
- Evaluate and monitor labor, material, and overhead costs. Coordinate and manage standards revaluations. Provide guidance/assistance on capital budgets and prepare Appropriation Requests.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and financial principles including SOX and CAAP requirements
- Critical thinking and analysis to drive data into information for decision making
- Organizational awareness and leadership to influence and drive
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with financial systems and multi-currency environments
- Experience with insurance coverage and principles of risk management
- Experience with banking and services provided by financial institutions
- Experience with the functions of IT ERP and network systems
- Experience with budget and forecasting techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting/Finance, Masters preferred
- 7-10 years of previous experience
- CPA or CMA required