Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
General Job Description
Work requires originality and judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and application of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment and ingenuity in making adaptations and modifications.
Performs work that involves conventional engineering practice, but includes a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements. Work requires a broad knowledge of precedents in the specialty area and a good knowledge of principle and practices of related specialties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all phases of engineering projects for new product development and product improvements
- May share project responsibilities as a project moves through the various Design Plan Module phases
- Works closely with detailers/designers to ensure detail drawings contain the proper part tolerances, machining features, and ensures fit and function with mating assembly parts prior to the release to manufacturing
- Takes opportunities arising from Customer Concerns, CAR/PAR, NCR, and ECN's and develops new approaches to improve any product
- Supports the Rebuild/Service group with inspection of returned product and writes inspection reports
- Plans, schedules, coordinates, and conducts engineering work in the Design Plan Module in support of assigned projects
- May be called on to answer technical questions for customers, manufacturing, sales, or sourcing, for assigned products
- Uses PTC Creo to develop assemblies, solid models, tolerance drawings, dimension drawings, and create bills of materials
- Utilizes PTC Creo, Creo Simulate, and PDMLink to perform essential job responsibilities
- Uses PDMLink to store records in accordance with established practices
- Performs all analyses and calculations and utilizes MitCalc, MATLAB, Creo Simulate for the analysis of parts and assemblies to ensure structural integrity and design efficiency
- Understands the principles of Geometric Tolerances and applies them correctly to detail drawings
- Responsible for scheduling, conducting, and participating in the risk analyses and DFMEA on assigned projects
- Develops test plans and reviews test results in coordination with the Testing department
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of Installation & Maintenance Bulletins (I&M Bulletins), Design Manuals, and Rebuild Manuals
- Assists Manufacturing Engineering as required in the development of Factory Assembly Instructions and Rebuild instructions
- Creates Navision links in accordance with established practices
- Responsible for scheduling, conducting, and participating in design reviews on assigned products and records results, in accordance with established practices
- Initiates Engineering Change Notices for the assigned products
- Adheres to all policies and procedures in Employee Handbook
Bachelors in Engineering with 7 - 10 years' experience in electrical/mechanical design in the break, clutch or hydraulics industry
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.