What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New associates can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 18,000 people in 35 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
At The Timken Company, you will have the opportunity to grow, optimize your performance and unlock your ambitions through positions in many areas of the company. While working independently or in a team environment, you will develop leadership and critical thinking skills to help you launch your career. Our internship positions allow students to gain real job experience and receive on-the-job training that focuses on our technologies and methodologies. From the start, interns are challenged to demonstrate their strengths and apply their knowledge to help us achieve our business strategy. At Timken, we place great value on our interns and our positions are structured to maximize your hands-on experience.
Timken brings to you what matters most as an intern:
- Competitive salary
- Real-world experience that provides an edge upon graduation
- Access to the latest technologies
- Team-based environment in a high-tech setting
- Career mentoring
- This position will assist the external reporting department with SEC reporting, technical accounting research, monthly internal reporting, annual benefit plan audits, and the global implementation of enhanced company policies and new accounting standards.
- During this internship, we will be working on our annual and/or quarterly filings with the SEC on Form 10-K and/or 10-Q.
- The Company continues to be acquisitive and the position will assist with purchase accounting and integration of recently acquired companies.
- Throughout the work on each of these projects, this position will engage with not only the external reporting department, but also have direct interaction with the general accounting, FP&A, HR/benefits, and internal audit departments with additional exposure to the external auditors as well. Interns may also interact with the controllers and finance leads at certain of our global subsidiaries.
- By participating in this internship, candidates can gain SEC reporting experience as well as an appreciation for the process involved to support those efforts. In addition, interns will learn to work cross-functionally with other departments in the organization and expand their accounting knowledge and skills by participating in the process to adopt a new accounting standard.
- Must be a current Junior or Senior, enrolled in a full-time Bachelor's degree program (12 semester/credit hours) at an accredited four-year university.
- Must be enrolled in one of the following majors: Accounting, Finance or related Business major.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or above.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.