Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary purpose of this position is to sustain and grow the profitable business related to a specific Aerospace customer(s)and their platforms (i.e. programs). The Program Manager (PM) has a dual responsibility to execute contracts and provide leadership in the management of functional organizations, which produce product and provide customer support. The Program Manager acts as the single point of contact with customers during the manufacture and delivery of products and services, ensuring customer unique requirements are met.
- Set program objectives based on a clear understanding of program trends, current and potential customer needs and competitive threats. These objectives will include financial performance, contract execution, product/service development, business case/strategy development, etc.
- Act as single point of contact during manufacture and delivery of products and services, ensuring program and customer requirements are met on time and within budget.
- Lead and set proposal response strategy and development, to include proposal coordination and preparation, customer interaction and negotiation through contract award. This requires a working knowledge of contracts and flow-down of requirements within a matrix organization.
- Coordinate and leverage the outside sales force to identify new projects and application requirements and overall sales opportunities to support company sales and profit goals.
- Overall responsibility for achieving program sales and profit goals.
- United States Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Business or related field
- Seven to ten years experience in a manufacturing company
- Broad experience in the Aerospace and Defense industry
- Understanding of or experince with Boeing, Sikorsky or Bell helicopter divisions
- Experience interacting with customers (i.e. sales, marketing, account management, customer service)
- Ability to understand technical drawing and services
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills, ability to use microsoft office products, outlook, work, excel, PPT and project)
- Ability to coordinate work streams across multiple internal departments and the customer
- Negotiation skills and contract management within aerospace/technical environment
- Ability to convert customer needs into program strategy and tactics
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.