Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Timken Gears and Services' Philadelphia Gear brand has a current opening for a Quality Manager, responsible for managing and leading the activities of a multidisciplinary team in accomplishing the goals and objectives leading to the successful execution of the facilities business plan. Primarily responsible for creation and implementation of the facility quality plan with a goal of continual improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Develop, implement, and improve the ISO 9001 Quality Management System. Ensure continuation of the facility ISO and customer approvals and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Manages Quality organization for facility, including the management of the quality team. Responsible for talent and performance management, communications, etc.
- Work closely with shop personnel, supervisors, and manager in quality support.
- Identify opportunities/gaps in existing quality standards, practices, and tools.
- Responsible to develop, maintain, and improve quality training programs to ensure adequate training for all employees
- Review or oversee the review of all quality documents from the manufacturing process per project/contract.
- Responsible for the maintenance and archiving of quality and technical data in support of projects contracts.
- Qualification and approval of approved (ASL) and preferred (PSL) suppliers.
- Review, processing and monitoring of all customer returns and complaints.
- Oversee receiving, in process, and final inspection processes.
- Provide final reports as required per contracts.
- Work directly with customers on quality aspects of our projects.
- Assist government/customer onsite inspections when required by project/contract.
- Work with the Engineering and Operations team in overseeing the calibration system.
- Some travel (<25%) required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred and 5 years' experience in Quality/Engineering or related
- Broad technical understanding of industrial manufacturing applications with preference for gear experience
- Familiar with ISO 9001 Quality certification
- Proficiency in precision inspection tools and measurement
- Familiar with Non-Destructive Testing
- Advanced written communication skills and ability to present in large or small groups
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and dispute management tactics
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.