Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
- To provide engineering support to the customer and all areas of the company on existing bearing designs.
- To design new bearings by applying current engineering principles.
- Create best overall design solutions that meet customer needs, Timken financials, and manufacturing requirements.
- Perform engineering analysis required to validate designs.
- Complete documentation of designs including drawings, databases, analysis and testing.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and conformance to Timken engineering standards and quality systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechancial Engineering
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.8
- Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extra-curricular activities, or during other employment
- Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
- Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Ability to relocate
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.