Where:-1020 Airport 100 Way Hanover, MD 21076
Type: Full Time Non-Exempt
Wage: $17.85/hour and up based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid-Time Off, Sick Time, Tuition Reimbursement, and more!
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 11:00am-7:30pm with overtime as needed. "Stop" times vary based upon business needs and may not be consistent.
Click the link for a preview of what to expect while working at HD Supply!-
In this job, you'll do things like:
Operate an Order Picker or Double Pallet Jack while following company procedures to select, move, or transport product throughout the warehouse.
Use a Voice Pick (Jennifer) headset technology to seek out and confirm product locations and quantities.
Select orders, verify stock and inventory levels, and assist other areas of the warehouse with achieving production (lines per hour) goals.
Must-haves to apply for this job:
18+ years of age
Able to pass a drug test
Able to do things like lift up to 50lbs, walk, move, push, and pull product throughout the day
Able to speak English fluently (due to Voice Pick system)
6 months or more experience operating forklifts, cherry pickers, or similar equipment
What will give you an edge:
Experience working in a fast paced, productivity-driven environment
Experience with computers
Some perks of this job include:
Monday - Friday Schedule-
Generous health, well-being and financial benefits:
401k savings plan with company match
Up to 15 days paid time off annually in addition to 7 paid holidays
Paid Time Off AND Sick Leave
Opportunities for Annual and/or Referral Bonuses
Opportunities for Career Growth
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.