Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for utilizing mechanical engineering, equipment design, and electronic controller expertse to evaluate current production processes and equipment and recommending and implementing improvements those improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement in processes and scrap reduction projects
- Utilize problem solving tools and be a subject matter expert in problem solving (5c's, A3's, 8D's, 4 up's)
- Document selected process capabilities and lead implementation of process improvements in the facility.
- Work with others to develop and implement new processes
- Evaluate process change proposals
- Transfer process technology as needed between facilities
- Upgrade targeted processes and equipment to reduce costs and increase production quality or output.
- Monitor processes and troubleshoot production problems as needed
- Implement new technology to make company more competitive and create superior product
- Daily evaluation of processes and respond with solution to reduce scrap and productivity loss
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3 years of experience in manufacturing or machine design
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to read and interpret CAD drawings and blueprints
- Use of statistics and data collection and interpretation
- Electronic controls experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.