Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Scope - This position is essentially a shift supervisor without Performance Management responsibility. However, input on associate performance management issues is part of the position's responsibilities.
Key responsibilities include: Providing leadership and support for the Aerospace Assembly team; assuring workplace safety; assuring adherence to quality requirements, attaining shift schedule production goals, and facilitating efficient operations.
This is a first shift position in Aerospace Assembly. Regular work hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday - Friday. Substantial weekday and weekend overtime may also be required.
Promote a safe work environment by engaging team members in creating and sustaining a 5S workplace
- Ensure EHS policies and procedures are followed consistently
- Motivate team members to be involved in safety initiatives
- Ensure associates and resources produce and deliver quality parts in an efficient manner to the next process and customer
- Lead team in problem solving manufacturing issues that develop during the course of the shift to ensure on-time, correct, and complete delivery
- Lead team in problem solving manufacturing issues that develop during the course of the shift to ensure shift schedule attainment
- Coordinate machine repair and preventive maintenance with shift maintenance technicians
- Ensure all jobs are performed on shift either by delegation or self-involvement
- Develop and maintain a strong team through leading by example, training, and communicating expectations
- Maintain Training Matrix to identify and address training needs of shift associates
- Lead PDCA meetings to engage team in elimination of waste in their processes
- Ensure strong communication between associates, shifts, and plant leaders
- Maintain associate schedules, track attendance, schedule vacations, and review time cards (audited by Group Leader)
- Provide input to Group Leader for performance reviews, disciplinary actions, corrective actions, and opportunities for improvement
Minimum requirements for this position are:
- Must have successfully completed Timken Manufacturing Operating System (TMOS) training (formerly called Lean Leader Academy) or will commit to enroll and complete next TMOS offering
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Computer skills including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office Word / Excel; SAP
- Experience and skill in assembly operations
Preferred qualifications include:
- Associate's degree
- Experience in production planning, flow, and lean manufacturing principles
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.