Serves as a liaison between the organization and the customer served by provided solutions. Maintains all day-to-day functions in a Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) site within a client's facility.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures the timely and accurate fulfillment of daily replenishment orders for the customer.
- Receives daily replenishment and branch transfers to maintain accurate inventory.
- Completes all control reports in the intervals described within operations manual.
- Monitors and adjusts minimum as well as maximum parameters on an ongoing basis to maintain the proper levels of inventory.
- Recognizes and communicates both market and customer business conditions to the necessary stakeholders.
- Engages with the customer about product stocking levels, assortment, and seasonal fluctuations to ensure there are no outages.
- Monitors inventory and maintains regional items as necessary.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally, 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.