Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role is responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all financial information for belts product plants' activities (Ft. Scott and Springfield locations). As a critical member of the plant's management team, the Plant Controller is responsible for driving the financial performance of each plant and ensuring that economic rigor is applied to the decision-making process. This includes efforts to reduce invested capital, improve cash flow, and drive continuous improvement in cost and productivity.
This position reports directly to the Chain/Belts Controller with matrix reporting to the respective plant managers.
- Prepare, review, and analyze monthly financial statements/KPI reports for the belts plants in accordance with company policies and GAAP.
- Proactively partner with plant management and the Controller's group to ensure that all parties have a clear and accurate picture of the plants overall financial performance.
- Lead the preparation of the plants' business planning and monthly forecasting processes incorporating productivity and cost targets for both manufacturing and sourcing.
- Prepare monthly rolling forecasts and provide plant and operations leadership with insight and commentary for all major variances from both plan, prior periods and prior forecast.
- Provide financial guidance for all plant capital investments and related business case justifications.
- Oversee belts capital expenditure tracking.
- Lead and drive plant cost reduction efforts, holding plant management team responsible for delivering annual cost reductions and productivity improvements.
- Develop and maintain accurate standard cost data for all products, working with both product teams and business management on new product development and new business opportunities.
- Prepare and assist in cost quotes on new business/contracts.
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place to safeguard company assets.
- Assist and oversee in physical inventory and cycle counts as necessary.
- Assist in developing plant inventory targets and work with plant and warehouse staff to drive to those targets.
- Bachelor degree in Business - Accounting/Finance and 8+ years experience
- Master of MBA-Acounting/Finance and 5+ years experience preferred
- CPA/CMA Preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.