HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking a Regional Transportation Manager in Richmond, VA. Your span of responsibility will cover 20 DCs from the Carolinas on up the East Coast of the US. Your focus will be as a coach/mentor for the Transportation leaders in these DCs, with approximately 500 drivers. You will be responsible for continued safety performance and compliance.
- 7+ years of experience in Transportation, 2+ years in a regional leadership role.
- Bachelor's degree is a +, but not required.
- Proven history of driving safety, compliance, profitability/cost reduction.
- Extensive knowledge of in-cab video for safety and coaching - Samsara or similar.
- Routing experience using Descartes or similar.
- SAP or similar ERP.
- Track record of influencing decision making through data.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Management bonus opportunities.
- Equity Eligible!
Manages regional transportation activities and works with various corporate partners to define and establish transportation operating budgets and strategies. Partners with field teams to ensure transportation resources support overall business objectives.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides transportation solutions that drive on-time performance, customer satisfaction, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Maximizes transportation operations by minimizing fleet expenses, increasing revenue per vehicle, reducing travel distance per vehicle, and lowering labor and transportation-related expenses incurred by the business.
- Ensures transportation teams are compliant with corporate guidelines, including maintaining qualified drivers and managing driver safety and recognition programs.
- Collaborates with distribution center managers to ensure fluid yard operations, efficient delivery and loading operations, and adequate resource allocation.
- Provides oversight on the execution and implementation of new transportation processes and initiatives.
- Oversees transportation staffing levels and participates in the hiring process for transportation management.
- Ensures efficient linehaul operations and provides guidance on escalated linehaul issues.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of current and potential satellite locations.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. May recommend/make decisions regarding new programs/initiatives that have significant impact to the business and carry consequences in unsuccessful endeavors.
- Manages a larger team or multiple small teams through direction of subordinate management and/or supervisory staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors, such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 20% to 50% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.