Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Facilities Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site's business goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Perform preventive maintenance for HVAC, RO/DI, and Acid Waste treatment to ensure all building systems operate efficiently.
- Understand the process of fire and gas detection systems.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations using a pre-established check sheet
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g., replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts' modular offices and space (e.g., furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Provide support to ship, receive, move, store and install production equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of semiconductor process gases, and change bottles as required
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
In addition to the essential functions and duties listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
- Ability to lift minimum 80 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder and step ladder
- Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Experience in plant and/or facilities maintenance preferred.
- HVAC experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- HVAC Certification preferred.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have driver license
- Building and custodial maintenance, reconstruction, and repair work.
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
- Working knowledge of boiler systems.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
- Proficient in water treatment systems in line with HVAC protocols.
- Understanding of principles of air conditioning, refrigeration and heating.
The position has no direct supervisory responsibilities but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.