Production Supervisor (Laser Components)
As part of the TQE team, the Assembly Supervisor will be responsible for, but not limited to; supervising all aspects of a laser components manufacturing area, providing leadership to manufacturing Assembly technicians, planning and scheduling, hands on management of daily production floor activities
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the laser components production line WIP moves smoothly and the line is balanced
- Manage the production line Assembly technicians to meet monthly, weekly and daily production goals.
- Plan and report daily production performance.
- Address and drive resolution for production bottleneck areas.
- Ensure timely review and disposition (by engineers) of on-hold components; Implement corrective actions.
- Participate in process and engineering change reviews.
- Responsible for material consumption, starting and ending production orders in Microsoft AX.
- Work with planning on new starts and reworks scheduling
- Train production personnel to meet the forecasted demand.
- Manage production personnel with expectations and provide performance feedback on a regular basis.
- Write and conduct formal annual performance reviews for production personnel
- The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Must have the ability to work in a clean-room environment with hazardous chemicals, compressed gases, lasers and high voltage on a regular basis, use personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, respirators, gloves and aprons.
- Minimum 3 year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Supervisory experience managing production personnel (assemblers/operators' or technicians).
- AA / BS/BA or equivalent, preferably in a technical area or work experience equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
- This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.