Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Principal Supply & Inventory Planner
This position is responsible for inventory and supply planning for high and medium volume TRB (tapered roller bearing) and package bearing plants to achieve exceptional customer service, reduced manufacturing lead times and operating costs and improved inventory productivity. This work is accomplished through analysis, recommendations, tactic development and execution. This position will be the primary driver of the monthly SNP (Supply Network Planning) and SIOP (Sales, Inventory and Operations planning) processes across multiple plants. In addition, this position will lead projects to improve supply chain processes using project management, Lean principles, and CI (continuous improvement) tools.
· Lead and coordinate the SIOP process by: Creating SIOP meeting material, extracting data from SNP to populate Work Plans, communicating supply issues and recommended tactics.
· Initiate and follow through on formal issues to be tracked and resolved via the SIOP process
· Build, validate and maintain the supply chain model in SNP. Validate SNP master data to ensure an accurate model (locations, products, plant manning, capacity and supplier process changes, supply chain parameter settings and profiles). Investigate and resolve errors related to the process of transferring data to SNP.
· Creation and review with plants of monthly Work Plans for 18-month capacity planning.
· Weekly review with plants of supply and demand at the work center level using advanced dashboard tools for 6-month planning.
· Problem solving with plants and customer service to resolve supply-based constraints
· Troubleshooting and root cause analysis of on time delivery (OTD), stock in rate (SIR), Past Due (PD), and Schedule Attainment (SA) in coordination with plant and other supply chain resources.
· Lead and coordinate rationalization projects, Management of Change (MOC) and Other Plant (Other Plant) process.
· Communicate and coordinate with the master production schedulers. i.e. serve as resource for interpretation of excess supply metric including recommending actions for schedulers to take.
· Manage supply plan adjustments driven by Change in Demand Requirements (CIDR's)
· Pursue lead time reduction efforts through analysis of system settings, plant processes and proposal of structural changes.
· Create statistical inventory models for global supply chain aligned with plants in scope. Create inventory models for customer stocking programs. Extract data from various systems, review errors and correct, validate results for reasonableness, routine master data maintenance.
· Project finished inventory using analytical tools based on SAP planned production schedules and forecasted shipments. Develop business plan targets based on market and corporate business objectives.
· Implement annual Obsolete and Slow Moving Inventory (OSMI) process and monthly global sweeps of stranded inventory.
· Manage inventory model adjustments driven by Change in Demand Requirements (CIDR's)
· Pursue continuous improvement of inventory models and inventory productivity, i.e. structural reduction of ‘no requirements' inventory, implementation of EIS.
· Previous supply chain or manufacturing experience
· Working knowledge of Supply Network Planning module of SAP
· Working knowledge of MPS, MRP, BOMs and routings in SAP R/3
· Advanced skills using Excel, PowerPoint, JMP, Access, writing macros, SQL, Brio, BI, BW, BEX reports, etc.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and detail-orientation
· Time management skills
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Results-focused, bias for action, independent, self-starter
· Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 7+ years relevant job experience
· Master's degree in Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering with 5+ years of relevant job experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.