Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
A Quality Engineering Technician at PT Tech is expected to carry out Quality Control functions as directed by the Quality Manager. The Quality Engineering Technician should have a working knowledge of basic metrology tools such as calipers, go / no go gauges, micrometers, etc. as well as more advanced metrology tools such as CMM's and hardness testers.
- Programming CMM in PCDMIS for inspection.
- Performing incoming inspection of materials.
- Assisting in Root Cause Analysis of failed parts.
- Performing Gauge RnR or other similar measurement studies.
- Performing in process inspection of parts during the manufacturing process.
- Analyze Quality data collected from inspection processes.
- Function as a member of a team to help implement Corrective Actions.
- Assist in Calibration Control System as required.
- Create / 3D print fixtures for CMM in Creo.
- Conducts Process Audits of Production Processes.
- Initiates Non-Conforming Material events in QIM.
- Manages inspections and measurement gage calibration per ISO 9001 requirements.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Associate of applied science in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or similar Engineering Technology Degree from an ABET accredited institution preferred.
- One or more years work experience in a Quality Control related role preferred.
- A working knowledge of basic metrology measurement tools (calipers, go / no go gauges, micrometers, etc.)
- Basic understanding of mechanical products, such as Brakes, Clutches, and Gearboxes.
- Basic understanding of common manufacturing processes such as machining, casting, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings to ASME Y14.5 GD&T standard.
- Ability to understand and work with 3D CAD models.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.