Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of the Role: Timken seeks a mechanical engineer to join our R&D team to support the completion of successful projects in the fields of mechanical system components. This support applies basic design skills, executing laboratory tests, and analyzing data using experimental statistics. Other related topics for this role include the basics of elasticity, fluid mechanics, heat transfer, and experimental uncertainty.
Role Responsibilities: An individual holding this position is expected to be proficient in basic design, executing and analyze laboratory tests, experimental statistics, and have a good working understanding of mechanical engineering disciplines.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Support and execute project related solutions in support of Timken's core business.
- Critically analyze data and report technical results.
- Use hand-calculations in the basics of elasticity and fluid mechanics.
- Execute legacy codes, CAD, laboratory testing, and data analysis.
- Strong team skills, communications skills (spoken and written), and the ability to explain the outcome of results to many are expected.
- Analyze and troubleshoot problems in customer's applications using sound judgment and disciplined engineering practices.
Technical and Functional Skills:
Technical background: A mechanical engineer is required and a background in machine fundamentals. Good problem-solving skills are essential to this role.
Project management: Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and execute project responsibilities.
Team Skills: Ability to work effectively with coworkers and as part of a larger technical team.
Programming skills: Some coding experience with Matlab is preferred.
Analytical Skills: Ability to collect, organize, analyze and laboratory data.
Technical writing: Ability to review technical reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience, or
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering with focus on fundamentals.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.#IND-ENG