Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Mfg CI Specialist
Lead and drive large, complex and cross-functional continuous improvement projects across Bearing Operations, working with business and manufacturing leadership, to deliver significant and sustainable cost reduction. Develop and investigate ideas, complete financial and engineering analysis, justify, build teams, plan and lead projects to completion.
- Identify Mfg CI opportunities and project ideas, through analysis of manufacturing costs and operations.
- Conduct and lead cost and business analysis to bring projects to cost-benefit justification and GO decisions.
- Through networking with all parts of plant and business teams, influence management to drive for decisions and break constraints.
- Build project teams, develop project plans and launch projects.
- Participate directly in project completion and delivery of results, in a range of roles. Where needed, as direct project manager. In other cases, identify the best business or plant team to lead. In all cases, serve as project team member.
- Collaborate as part of the Manufacturing C.I. team, to share projects and responsibilities, and contribute your specific or unique skill & experience to any and all projects.
- Lead the implementation of major cost reduction project. Gain senior leadership support and approval for project scope, objective and timeline.
- Aggressive drive project implementation to achieve maximum results in the fastest time.
- Be accountable for delivering project results to the bottom line and ensure through auditing that expected results are being accomplished.
- Influential plant management and gain business alignment when projects negatively impact one plant or functional area but benefit the overall company.
- Demonstrated expertise and results delivered in at least one of the central operations or support areas of: manufacturing, supply chain, purchasing, engineering or quality.
- Demonstrated network across manufacturing and business support functions, and experience in cross-functional work.
- Ability to access and analyze business and engineering data, and develop quantitative & qualitative project justifications.
- Communication skills that can be leveraged to influence management team, and ability to work at all levels of the organization (shop floor to VP)
- Experience working in C.I., Lean, Problem-solving or 6-sigma projects.
- Demonstrated team working experience, and involvement in project planning and management.
- Ability to travel to multiple Timken facilities (U.S.) through the year, for frequent assignments of a few days to a week, and occasional assignments of 2-3 weeks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or related with 10+ years of experience.
- Master's Degree in Engineering, Business or related with 8+ years of experience.
- Experience supporting operations in management or technical professional roles
- Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. Green Card Holder
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.