Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Crane, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking a Crane Field Service Trainee for the Broomfield, Colorado site. The Crane Service Trainee will work with an experienced Technician to learn the skills necessary to move into a Technician role. The function of Crane Field Service Team is to troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and perform scheduled maintenance on overhead cranes and hoists. The Technician/Trainee team will regularly work on-site at customer locations and are required to drive to different locations, including some overnight travel. This position reports into the Crane Field Service Supervisor.
- Learn, assist, and perform troubleshooting, repair, and inspection of overhead bridge cranes and hoists
- Learn, assist, and perform scheduled maintenance on equipment
- Learn, assist, and perform evaluations on equipment functionality, identify solutions, and make recommendations on required repairs, methods, techniques, and/or equipment
- Build and maintain customer confidence by providing good response time, informing customer of problems and solutions, and completing the job in a timely manner
- Support customers by effectively interfacing with customer and internal staff on repair and safety related issues
- Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, and inspection checklists accurately, timely, and neatly
- Observe all safety procedures and use personal protective gear
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Perform other skilled or non-skilled duties as required
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Basic electrical and troubleshooting skills (controls and wiring), preferred
- 1+ year of experience working with industrial equipment or working in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Professional and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity, willing to ask questions, and a desire to learn
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Good driving record, valid driver's license required
- Willing and able to travel around the state and out-of-town as required
- Willing and able to work indoors/outdoors in extreme heat/cold and at heights for extended periods of time
- Able to successfully complete background check and drug and alcohol screening(s)
The hourly compensation for this role is $20.00 - $30.00 per hour plus $250.00 annual tool reimbursement, and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range. This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.