Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Rollon by Timken is growing! We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our team in Norton Shores, MI. Our ideal candidate will have experience in the linear motion manufacturing industry, controls knowledge, as well as welding of large, steel structures.
Mechanical Engineers at Rollon function as the technical support contact for all engineering and sales related activity, as well as the resource for manufacturing and internal project engineering activities. Mechanical engineers are also responsible for providing engineering support for regional engineers and the sales team for the purpose of determining the application requirements.
- Supply engineering specifications and CAD models for the customers, regional engineers and sales team.
- Develop quotations by custom engineered solutions that meets customers cost and timeline expectations.
- Generate production drawings, component drawings, purchase specifications and bill of materials for processing orders.
- Work with manufacturing group to ensure production is executed within customer timeline expectations and built to design specifications.
- Determine tooling needs and obtain quotes from vendors for manufacturing equipment support.
- Execute designing prototype concepts to final production launch.
- Support Quality Control department on technical verification of product specification.
- Support Quality Control RMA process by providing diagnostic assessments, generating repair BOM and supplying labor and component cost analysis.
- Support marketing literature reviews and provide sales technical information.
- Bacherlor's degree in Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 yrs' experience in an Engineering role required
- Solidworks certification in mechanical design preferred
- US Citizen or Green card holder required **no sponsorship available**
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.