HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking a Senior Distribution Center Operations Manager to oversee operations of DC in Kent, WA. Reporting to the building leader, you will directly coach and lead 2 Operations Managers and a total team of approximately 40+ associates. You will provide strategic and innovative leadership regarding employee engagement, process improvement and KPI tracking. Your day will start at 7 am with flexibility to provide leadership for all shifts.
- Bachelor's degree is a plus but not required.
- 6+ years of experience in high volume, 100K Sq. Ft.+ distribution environment.
- 2+ years direct management experience of 2 direct reports and 30+ indirect.
- Strong analytical and process improvement experience.
- Inbound, outbound, inventory control and transportation experience.
- Effective organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven success in employee engagement.
- Ability to collaborate and build key relationships with key stakeholders.
- SAP or similar warehouse management software experience.
- MS Office proficiency, strong MS Excel.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Attractive 401K Match.
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Annual Management Incentive Opportunities.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Equity Eligible!
Responsiblefor the operational management of a large, complex single distribution center (typically Distribution Center classified as DC 4), to provide Best-In-Class Customer Service. Leads multiple managers or supervisors who are overseeing the work and productivity of DC associates. This position may have multi-department or multi-unit responsibility.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides departmental input to DCM (Distribution Center Manager) and operations managers for development of operating plans for warehouse and transportation operations in support of organizational goals including facility, equipment and staff.
- Selects, develops, and manages performance of direct and indirect reports. Shares responsibility with the DCM for operational metrics and talent activities.
- Identifies departmental financial resources necessary to support operating plan and provide cost justification for departmental spending; participates with DCM in the development of department operating budgets.
- Assists with the development of strategic plans and customer service-related objectives for continuous improvements, seasonal events, and operational changes.
- Ability to use data and analytics to provides process improvement recommendations to assigned functions or departments. Implements and executes on process improvement action plans (especially for productivity and quality) within departments within the DC.
- Leads associates and managers to be fully compliant with all EHS, legal, and HR policies and regulations.
- Responsible for leading team of operations managers and/or assistant managers with talent and engagement activities including, but not limited to, recognition, training, coaching and taking appropriate corrective action when warranted.
- May oversee multiple departments within a region as the business need indicates.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
For CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA Job Seekers:
HDS provides the following benefits to all permanent full-time associates:
Medical (with Prescription drug coverage), dental, and vision plans
Health care and Dependent Care FSA (as applicable)
401(K) with company match
Paid Holiday, Vacation, Personal Time, and Wellness Day
Paid Sick Time
Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
Short and Long-term Disability Insurance
Critical Illness Insurance
Whole Life insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance
CA, CO, CT, MD, NJ, NV, NY, OH, RI, WA law requires the posting of the potential salary range for advertised jobs. Individual base pay is determined based on a variety of elements including market data, experience, skills, internal equity and other factors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.