Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose and Scope
The position will offer proactive account management to support growth and provide a best-in-class customer experience. The assigned customer base will be from the original equipment or aftermarket channels. Aftermarket includes both industrial distribution and automotive aftermarket. The associate will serve as a primary contact for customers to address a comprehensive set of activities in the order-to-cash business process. Often requires advanced problem-solving skills and management of complex situations. Will require ability to influence and mentor peers.
- Comprehensive account responsibility includes price and delivery quotations, order entry and schedule changes, forecasting, expediting, order book management and maintaining customer master information.
- Collaborate with sales, supply chain, manufacturing and other internal partners to effectively manage their accounts and address any issues that impact our delivery performance.
- Demonstrated intermediate product knowledge developed through continued training and account management responsibilities.
- Understands commercial terms and able to effectively communicate to sales team and customers.
- Exceed customer expectations through delivery performance, responsiveness, communication,
- proactive order management and order book maintenance.
- Understands business decisions and guidelines and applies appropriately to customer situations.
- Successfully interprets guidelines that enables them to make decisions or recommendations independently.
- To maintain customer loyalty, visit Timken customers to enhance relationships and improve sales opportunities as needed.
- Understand customer needs, order patterns, pricing, segmentation service levels and demonstrate ability to communicate and execute within Timken capabilities.
- Serves the department by leading team meetings and providing guidance on complex issues utilizing their system expertise. Will lead projects that impact the team or department.
- Fluent English, oral and written
- Advanced problem-solving capacity
- Solid customer relations skills; account management and relational skills
- Professionalism and computer proficiency in email, data analysis and presentation
- Decision-making in all aspects of account management
- Collaborate with Supply Chain and other departments to achieve the intended goals
- Effective and efficient communication with internal and external customers
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- In-depth analysis utilizing intermediate system knowledge
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Leading by example demonstrating commitment to team objectives
Minimum: High School Diploma
Preferred: Bachelor's Degree of Business Management or Marketing
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.