What Timken makes possible begins with you.
Those who came before us helped land a man on the moon, create the world's infrastructure, and introduce renewable energy alternatives. Now you can join the Timken team to write your own unique story and help drive what's next.
A career at Timken means you can have an immediate impact doing Work That Matters to the worldó improving the efficiency of today's industrial equipment and preparing for the future of motion on our planet and beyond. New employees can start contributing right away, and there are many opportunities to advance your career at your own pace. Join our global team of 19,000 people in 46 countries, and start helping our customers push the limits of what's possible in their world of motion.
Purpose and Scope
Act as subject matter expert lead activities of multi-disciplined teams in accomplishing Business Plan objectives as related to Heat Treat processing of Wheel End hubs, Tapered Bearing Races, and Roller products representing $7M in annual SVLE generation. Provide input and ownership for all plant metallurgical issues for the Lincolnton Bearing Plant including supplied components. Provide expertise in Heat Treating for materials inside and outside Heat Treat. Serve as plant materials representative for corporate material changes, notifications, and process specification updates as follows:
1. Analyses metallurgical quality issues for steel, forging and heat treatment and establishes appropriate resolution.
2. Responsible for development of plant standards, technical instructions, and procedures in order to ensure that all metallurgical activities are in alignment with corporate requirements.
3. Administer efforts to ensure metallurgical integrity of all plan product and to provide technical expertise and assistance in the resolution of all problems associated with the manufacture of existing, new and prototype product.
4. Responsible for identifying maintenance requirements and Heat Treat process compliance as it relates to the $30M asset investment including 54 high temperature furnaces.
5. Identify opportunities for predictive maintenance activities and develop/modify systems for collection of critical equipment data.
6. Provide Strategic technical direction on application and use of new technology and heat-treating processes.
7. Oversees control plans for thermal treatment in correlation with process capability and corporate standards; analyzes the results periodically and proactively establishes preventive actions and/or corrective actions.
8. Develops solutions to complex problems or projects concerning bearing or steel processing or performance. These projects could be of an innovative nature, customer application situation, plant processing project or new product development.
9. Plans, coordinates, and executes multiple large projects, which may be standalone projects or be of a multi-disciplinary group of projects designed to improve overall quality, performance, or cost of Timken products.
10. Leads Metallurgical Laboratory associates and provide day to day direction
- Experience in metallurgical analysis.
- Experience in large improvement projects.
- Experience in manufacturing environment.
- Supervisory experience
- Bachelors degree in metallurgy, materials or engineering required
- Masters degree in related field preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.