Prior experience working in inventory control.
Previous experience operating material handling equipment.
Serves as a point-of-contact for inventory-related tasks and issues in a distribution center. Operates material handling equipment to move inventory within the facility.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Monitors and maintains inventory within the distribution center by recording all received and stocked merchandise.
- Completes and reviews cycle counts and maintains inventory adjustments.
- Audits inventory to ensure systems align with daily order processing.
- Researches and resolves inventory issues, adjustments, and discrepancies in accordance with established internal control procedures.
- Helps determine the appropriate placement for inventory based on size, selling volume, and other applicable factors.
- Assists with loading damaged merchandise into delivery vehicles using powered and non-powered material handling equipment.
- Maintains quality and inventory control manuals.
- Performs general warehouse duties as needed.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location and/or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds).
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.