Responsible for beginning, mediating, and completing the special orders process.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Determines customer product needs, conducts price negotiations with both vendors and customers, determines price. Calls vendors for order status and updates.
- Researches, sources and assigns margins on special orders by determining appropriate margin for non-catalog items under an assigned dollar amount that are in a specific product category. Completes the special order purchase.
- Follows up with customers that did not initially accept offer with the intention to convert quote.
- Reconciles accounts payable discrepancies by reviewing all invoice discrepancies on special order parts and providing payment instructions. Researches PO discrepancies.
- Processes returns for customers, works with vendor to ensure all documentation is completed and ensures systems are updated.
- Maintains adequate service levels on incoming requests either by phone, fax or email.
- Verifies quote information is current and accurate (i.e. PO numbers, payment terms, pricing and part numbers).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.