GEARED FOR EXCELLENCE
At Standard Machine we design and manufacture high-quality parts for critical industries including pulp and paper, mining, oil and gas, chemical processing plants, steel mills, marine applications, transportation, military, and aerospace.
Standard Machine offers the opportunity to develop unique skills in an environment that supports cross-training and personal development through diverse career paths. This includes financial support for tuition and wage top-up for employees pursuing trades apprenticeships.
We are seeking an Industrial Mechanic to assess, assemble, disassemble, and repair custom gear boxes.
- Interpretation of complex drawings
- Complete mechanical set ups to precise specifications
- Assess, assemble, repair, and disassemble gear boxes
- Work with complex industrial power transmission components
- Use of crane and rigging to move and place parts
- Varied work on spiral bevel, planetary drives, and worm gear boxes
- Operate travelling overhead crane up to 50 tonnes
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures
- Assist with continuous improvement projects under the direction of the team leader.
Our ideal candidate has over 8 years of experience and possesses the following education and competencies.
- Millwright / Mechanic Apprentice OR
- Journeyman Millwright / Mechanic
- Minimum completion of accredited pre-employment program
- 2-4 years' experience (or more) as an Industrial Mechanic Apprentice
- Gear alignment and vibration analysis experience
- Commitment to providing outstanding service
- Attention to detail with a focus on quality
- Reliable track record at previous employment
- Willing to work overtime as required including some weekends
Put your Career in GEAR today!
Working at Standard Machine, a Timken Brand, opens the door for opportunity, benefits, and security.
We offer a competitive salary to secure the brightest talent for our organization. This includes free PPE and uniforms, boot allowance, overtime bonus, and tool replacement. We also have a short-term incentive (BONUS) plan that pays based on individual and company performance.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, employee assistance program, on-site gym, RRSP with company matching, vehicle discount programs, and MORE.
You'll have the chance to gain knowledge and experience in a wide range of industries and applications. Learn more through hands-on experience, core training, and a selection of more than 4,000 online courses. In addition, tuition assistance opportunities may be available if you want to enhance your education in a field related to your career.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure.
Only candidates who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada, residing in Canada, will be considered for this position.