- 1+ years of experience in a production environment.
- Previous experience with production equipment and tools.
- Strong understanding of mathematical concepts, including converting decimal to fractions.
Performs multiple tasks involved in the production of various products within multiple departments. Handles materials such as rubber, stretch cord, and packing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
Works on processes within multiple departments and products, including the insertion of materials, clamping, fitting parts, and use of some hand tools.
Cuts various materials to specific dimensions as required by fabrication spec sheet and uses a tape measure to determine length cuts, read work order spec sheets, and double check measurements for accuracy.
Performs bench-type processes to complete mechanical and electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies, using hand tools, and electronic and pneumatic tooling.
Aligns layout marks with die and blade, and position materials being joined to ensure accurate application of adhesive.
Calibrates and performs basic repairs using documented procedures
Reads process sheets, blueprints, and sketches of part to determine proper machining, dimensional specifications, set up, and operating requirements as assigned by department supervisor.
Follows standard work methods, standard operating procedures, and job aides and practices safe work habits to ensure production safety and efficiency.
Packs finished goods into correct packages and boxes goods using assigned packing materials and places finished goods on designated pallet.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Equal Employment Opportunity
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.