Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring an Operations Manager in South Haven, MI.
The Operations Manager is responsible for leading and directing all site activities. Specifically, the Operations Manager is expected to manage all day-to-day operations to achieve business plans, drive improvements throughout the plant utilizing lean manufacturing principles, align the plant's strategy and activities with the overall business needs, train and develop associates, and ensure compliance with all government regulations and Timken policies.
- Drive the establishment of a safe work environment for all associates and ensure that associates are properly trained in all safety requirements. Ensure compliance to the requirements of the OSHA Act and Timken standards.
- Lead the enhancement of local quality systems while incorporating corporate requirements and enforcing strict adherence to approved procedures and policies.
- Establish a lean management and operations organization and create/monitor the necessary production performance measures (controls) in order to provide: Verification of capable processes; In process and outgoing quality levels; Cost competitive, lean production structure where continuous improvement is a daily focus; Capacity to flexibly and efficiently meet market demand movements.
- Manage maintenance and the capital budget to meet and enhance these established performance measures while supporting Sales & Marketing business direction.
- Drive and measure/monitor inventory performance such that business needs are met with minimal working capital resources which will include: Supplier lead-times & delivery windows; Supplier quality results; Supplier agreement terms and conditions; Inventory accuracy.
- Ensure complete compliance with all applicable corporate and government regulations and requirements including but not limited to SOX, environmental reporting, wage and hour regulations etc.
- Talent Management responsibility for developing a strong manufacturing team.
- Responsibility for participating in manufacturing footprint strategies.
- Cost analysis knowledge and understanding of key features which effect cost, basic understanding of operations accounting
- Demonstrated ability to act as change agent
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work co-operatively with diverse and cross functional work groups
- Combination of strong academic and practical experience with Lean Manufacturing.
- Familiarity with A3, 8D, and Toyota Production System (TPS) style lean management
- Demonstrated record of producing results, able to challenge and change performance
- Ability to influence, motivate, and inspire others
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems by identifying root cause and implementing effective recurrence prevention countermeasures
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Associate's degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 7 years of manufacturing management experience required, 20 years of manufacuring management experience preferred.
- 5 years of ERP experience within a manufacturing environment required.
- Lean, Six Sigma, 5S experience preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.